02 November 2010

Thou shall not seek, anymore.

I remember it was the very last few times when i went back for my yoga master; he pointed, " stop seeking for you may always be the seeker". That we should not try to even seek for any life guru, because there's not any other guru then ourselves. Which sort of clarifies my initial idea of looking for a teacher. He's a guru, not my guru.

Still, i've unclear loads of question of not being a seeker. Does it mean that i should not look for the things i want, no goals to move towards to, no purpose in my days, no motivation to move on without the need to search for something. Especially in philosophy, its something that the books can't explain fully; its by experiencing.
Decided to surrender seeking for any answer, i slot this quote at the back of my mind.

It was the second week of my trip in Bangalore, that i understand what master has been talking about. A teaching don't happen in a day; and this story started last year. I lost something which I've been searching high and low frantically; which i eventually decided to give up and just let it go. Which after five months of surrendering, it popped out in front of me without warning.

Can't imagine that i actually cried. Not that i was sad or getting into any emotional trauma; it was such an amazing feeling on how life actually can answer my doubts by slipping in me; with the least or no expectation. Isn't it always the case? That when we stop focusing on the problem, the solutions will appear just at the right time, when we're ready for it.

One year ago, a friend who always tells me that people are successful because they met the right people, at the right place and at the right time. I don't agree with him at all. After all, i understood his point. Something does not happen doesn't mean that it'll not happen; just that we're not ready to let it touch our life. When we stop pushing things to happen and just wait, it'll come just at the right moment.

~A student need not seek for the teacher; the the teacher will appear when the student is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment