20 November 2010

I did No-thing much in Bangalore

After a long excruciating ride, I got into Mysore safely last night. Joined Shirly and Joanne in Gokulam; this time--- the doctor’s corner.
After roaming briefly for a month in Bangalore, Mysore seems to be easier and more comfortable for me to move around. A place where we can find friendlier people, less assertive and pretty laid back. It’s also an area where most aspired yogis and yoginis from foreign lands are moving around--- and am one of them.
I like both Bangalore and Mysore. They each have got a different approach of living. The so-called “training ground” happens on various grounds.  So, what did I actually really do in Bangalore, many people questioned me? Nothing much actually.
I watched quite a bit of good programs on the TV box. Read a few good books. Interacting with other foreigners. Travelling with people whom I know for just a week. Caught up with some friends. Most of the time, I just observed what people are doing--- people watching.
It is really amazing how people behave according to the environment they’re in; and how the people around us can affect our thoughts and eventually to mold our character. I even found myself having to mimic the way they think, behave and speak to get things move smoothly.
Many people probably have a perception that in a proper yoga class should happen in a studio/shala with a teacher and be a proper yoga student. Yoga lessons are life lessons that give us opportunities to learn from our days.  
The yoga studio may happen anywhere--- whether I’m in Singapore or Bangalore. The problems given to us--- maybe the auto-rickshaw driver, the shopkeeper or the fruit seller on streets; and at the end of the day, we are our own teacher. We teach ourselves to make wise decision and act on them; we teach ourselves how mistakes can be an opportunities to strengthen our character.
We are the teacher, the shala and the lesson.  
A fish is not aware that it’s in the water. And in this trip to Bangalore, is definitely a great one--- when I choose to be the fish that jumps out of the water to observe other fishes and the tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment