22 November 2010

Fearless, I am not… yet.

One decision that I’ve always thought it’s made for good sake, despite all the objections that came slapping on my face was--- getting into teaching freelance. And due to this, I started bumping into other freelancers from various expertise; they who chose to step out of the norm and are working hard to make their dreams come true. And gladly, are the ones whom we share the identical experiences of getting some slaps for moving off tracks.
Others said that I’m too daring (negatively--- in a female point of view), maybe.
Was in a discussion with a friend, who’s also decided to leave a blooming farm and is now planting his own tree; with his skills and experiences he had got from his corporate days.  Some people may agree that it's silly; others may applaud for the brilliant move.
Are we the fearless lot? No, I do have fears. Some.
When we were young, our parents started to inject fears… then the teachers… then our superiors… and slowly we learn to even create our own… and inject them to the people around us.
Remember how our parents threaten to call the police if we’re not good? How the teachers used to cane our palm when we gave the wrong answer?  How bosses hint about retrenchment all the time? And how we started to imagine the danger that may happen to us, which probably not?
It’s very much fine to have fears, nothing embarrassing. One of my biggest fears--- anything about road directions, but I’m not so scared of getting lost though... I do get lost most of the time, but this does not prevent me to travel around to new places.
The thing is, most people just have got too much of it. And they make decisions according to their fears, not dreams; and living in days filled with fears instead of fulfillments.
Some people I came across may express their envy for the freedom i am leading. But inside them their little voice tells them: Hmmm...It’s nice. But, i think it’s more secure to stick to what I am doing. I may not like the job with long hours and high stress, but at least it’s stable. As little change as possible, I will make.
We all probably share same fears some time in our lives; while some others’ have got bigger dreams. With full awareness, we choose not to be control by fears--- through magnifying our dreams, big enough to minify the fears.
Never forget to thank those who're laughing for our foolishness, who're talking behind our backs and who're trying to normalize our mind--- they have no bad intention. For what’s going to break us, will make us stronger.
Dedicated to those who are starting to listen to the callings from your heart; those who started to visualize dreams; those who are battling with changes, shedding tears and bloods more than you thought and those who step hard on fears and live in gusto!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful philosophy! I commend you on your thinking. I know you are young and daring and are looking at the world with clear lenses. Keep it up and spread your thoughts. I will for sure on FB.
    Love
    Anu

    ReplyDelete