30 November 2010

The hilarious Darshan

The last time I saw little Darshan 2009, he was always shouting, “boom! Boom! bOOOm!”.
This year he had obviously grown taller and up to more mischiefs.  Walking them home after school, this little boy with a mushroom button haircut; would either tries his very best to step on my flip-flop from the back or come dashing his head into my bum.
Today, Darshan patted me on my back; I turned around and he quickly lie down on the ground and performed a yoga wheel pose. He was bobbing up and down, with a wide smile that revealed his sparkling teeth.
He signaled me to stand, and started pulling my arms, “melleh (up)… melleh (up)”; dragging me to the boy’s bunk at the second level.  We ran in, he climbed the chair and showed me an “ashtanga yoga primary series chart” on the wall. Darshan pointed the photo of the wheel pose and demonstrated a wheel again in a corner.
I exclaimed in exaggeration, “Wow… good!”
Cheekily, he laughed… showing a face of satisfaction.
… Oh, he could be the next arising yogi…

No comments:

Post a Comment