12 November 2010

Falling sick makes me a child

Whenever i'm unwell, i feel i'm back to a child again,
yearning for all the attention from my ma-ma
just like any children do.
It doesn't matter to question my weak body, 
all i ask for is the warmness of her hands on my forehead and tummy, 
The whispers by my ears, asking if i am OK.
Sitting by my bed whole night,
just to be sure that i am comfortable.

Being in India, i've always been very careful about what i put into mouth. So, i would usually prepare my own meals. But these days, something did not work according to my plan. Gotten over some cold, and now bad tummy. Its nothing near to food poisoning, just some rumbling tummy. Grabbed some tablets from the pharmacy, and pours down cups and cups of warm honey water into my stomach.

Sometimes when we fell sick, we just turned moody. Just wanting to rest like a cocoon. Even when my physical is recovering, something's not there yet. In that private little showering time, i whistled " Sing, sing along" impromptus--- and thought of the Elmo from sesame street. 

And i watched this:


And i felt just so much better, thanks Elmo!

Being child-like, is not childish, naive or ignorant.
Its just what we really are, so love it!
" la la la la, la la la la, Elmo song..."

No comments:

Post a Comment