09 November 2010

Living a life

Location: Anjuna beach

6am. i stepped out of the room, and saw this beautiful picture of the beach. I walked down the steps and entered into this breathtaking scene. The sea was just so calm, there was nothing for me to thinking about as the tranquility sets in. The image was splashed with strokes of mist, flowing slowing from the left to the right.
Facing the west, there was no sunrise. But it's good enough for the quietness.

It was cold. I walked towards the sea, allowing the sand to sink in between my feet. Sat down, the softness of the fine grains sort of accepted me as i rooted myself comfortably.
Savouring the sea breeze, i tasted the mild saltiness of the air; also setting on my skin with some stickiness.
 Timeless; gazing far at the horizon, a school of dolphins jumping off the surface traveling across the sea--- a few times. There was a group of foreigners on my far left, with little murmuring among themselves.



I made prayers, deeply and faithfully with gratitude; in silence. Still enjoying the sound as the wind blew against my ears, and the overlaying of the gentle waves. As the scenery gets brighter, a herd of cows, goats and dogs came into the picture--- adding some liveliness to the view.

Unknowingly, i became part of the whole painting. Never a morning will be the same, it'll keeping changing with time. And i was part of the change that morning, that created a morning that had never been before.

I like taking some time just for myself every time i get up in the morning. It need not be long, sometimes 5 minutes or 15 minutes, before i start my day. Some thoughts may flow by, let it flow.Just observe without the intention to deal with any of them. Our mind is just like a cup, and its good to start a day with an empty cup; to make space for new lessons of the day. 

i honour this silence. There's no such good time like this for us to reconnect with who we really are as a person, and to come to know the glory that rests within us. Yes, we all are busy... so are the ants.  

No comments:

Post a Comment