02 March 2012

Put this back. Put that back.

The other day, i made a joke out of myself, that i could not even bear that silliness.
A last minute cancellation of a class was not annoying. Ah! i can finally make some time to the supermarket. Grabbed a basket, piled them up with fruits, vegetables, nuts, chips and cans. The basket for heavier, that i had to lift it up with both arms. Went to the check out, and realized that i left my cash at home. Oh! I was that little upset, i so wanted to crunch on that pink apple!

Oh well, i stepped out of the line, put back each item back on the shelf, exactly where they where. One by one, as the basket got lighter and lighter. Retracing my footsteps, where I'd been just now... and finally, i put the basket back. And went home.

I thought i would be very angry with myself, but that didn't happen.
i thought the whole event was pretty surreal.
I did learn something-
Sometimes when  things gets too heavy and when we are too tired to carry those heavy burdens around, learn to put them back to where they should have been; and enjoy the lightness we once had.

and, check my bag before i rush out to shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment