27 October 2010

A road to remember

What makes an exhausting day would be the haggling with the auto rickshaws drivers. Straining my ears, trying best to make up the words coming out of their mouth; with me not able to speak their language at all. Probably have to execute some hard stares at them when they try to double or triple charge a trip. Sometimes, i just find myself talking loudly and arguing with them, when my limit was pushed.
A smile to them, is being cruel to myself. I thought.

Worst of all, i got pretty frustrated with my bad sense of direction. Even if i knows how to drive, the road signs and left/right lanes just freaked me out. I sometimes do get myself lost in Singapore, forget about not getting lost in India. People told me about landmarks and all, but i just got them all mixed up. Terrible, i do hope i got a GPS installed in my brain.

Traveling on the roads in Bangalore, is a very challenging task, at least for me. I've to keep extra alert mode, with the constant digging into my memory for images of landmarks...phew!

Day time is not too bad. Today, i tried the evening "lonely planet" on auto rickshaw, not gonna do it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment