21 October 2010

Bangalore, full of dreams.

This trip was probably planned with gusto, wanting to experience India on my own. However, from the time i step into this land... it started shrinking. Flight was good though, the bumpy car ride gave me some motion sickness, which i kept spraying mint into my mouth to prevent any puking.

It was cold. A home-made ginger chai from my friend was great to at least calm my nerves. Precautions was mentioned to me, especially for a Chinese lady moving around. And after reading a news article on how a man was robbed and stripped on an auto rickshaw in a broad day light.
Fear. I felt emerging helplessness.

I woke up, back on mat. Without my friend around, getting back on the mat is probably one thing that can keep me rooted. I was alone in the house, all other went off to work; decided to hit the streets for some vegetables. Prepared a pot of vegetable soup, which i used to do it in Singapore.
Couldn't believe that i actually find another source of my comfort through this pot of soup.


Chat up with my housemates in the evening, and followed one of them to a meeting a local Bangalorean, Mash ( if i didn't get it wrong). An artist-- photographing, sculptures, paintings... travelling around for opportunities for his passion. One thing that amazed me, that he was previously looking after a local garment shop for his family. And decided to chase after his dream of being an artist; which he's not bother about not earning any income from it for the past 2 years.

And for me, i am going to explore India by doing the things that i am good at. Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment