28 October 2010

It's a book affair!

Feeling a little restless these days, with not much interest battling the traffics in the city; i decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood, Koramangala 1st block. Somehow, i feel that something is missing. Ah! There across the street, i see this DC Books store waving at me. Its books, its probably time for me to start chewing pages again.

Since last trip, i realised that i love the bookstores in India--- they have a wide range of good books, from economics to spiritual studies; with very affordable tags. The store was quiet, just the shopkeeper, a customer at the bookshelves and me. Everything seemed to slow down in pace, being aloof of the ever-crazy traffic at the street.

I started to search for some of my favourite authors: Paulo Coelho, Robin Sharma and Osho; brought back each of their masterpieces.

Shirly used to laugh at me, maybe she still does. That i'll read through the books before giving it away as a present of my trip. One can said that its a second-hand present; but i take it a positive way--- i know what i am giving you as a present, its not the book but the knowledgee i want to share with you. Knowledge is not for storing in the bookshelves, but in the hands of a worthy man. Pass it on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment