29 November 2011

Yoga teaching, was not my dream; But something i want to do.

I've came across or read about how yoga teachers came into this practice due to some form of injuries;
and eventually teach when they got recovered through yoga practices.

Be it physical, mental or emotion--- there's a part of the self who's in search of some kind of healing--- which later to realized that popping pills is not the best way; ignoring the injuries does not help either.

I was just sharing with a friend today the exact moment when i know that  yoga is something i want to invite to my life and sharing it to the community through teaching.
It was my first yoga class, after the point when the yoga teacher made an adjustment to the Shoulder Stand i was in. There was this fleeting joy i felt, and this feeling stays in my memory till today.

I probably enter into this path not due to any physical injuries, but an emptiness--- where i was searching for something to fill the hole ( my teacher would call this as " confused soul").
That special comfort moment i felt in that yoga class---i would like to call this feeling " home". You know, like going back home after a hard day work, being yourself comfortably. 

But this little home is not created for and by anyone ( not your parents, not the bricks and roof top), its a little cozy place that you can reside to heal and grow. A silent peace and joy.
Because i wanted to find out more what this exactly was, that i kept going to yoga classes and eventually teaching.

It was not my dream to become a yoga teacher ( seriously i did not even know that i'll become one)--- my teacher, master paalu was the first person who opened the door of possibilities to me.

However somehow, i was answered without even realizing the question I've been always asking myself about life all the while. 

Someone who practice yoga, does not mean it'll or must lead to becoming a teacher. Practicing yoga is about self- management so that we can keep our life and work operating smoothly.




No comments:

Post a Comment