16 November 2011

Want the truth... no cheating first!

Whenever we meet the practice of asteya or non-stealing, commonly taking it literally as not to rob or trying to own what does not belong to us.

My teacher, master paalu once pointed a different angle on this principal, and its relationship asteya can build a bridge towards the ultimate truth within us.
He says, " No cheating. Don't cheat others, don't even try to cheat yourselves."

This may sound a little harsh initially, but the bluntness present its clarity. Many people, you and i even, tries and is cheating ourselves every day. And we send ourselves to sleep with a closing thought: Everything's OK
.
There are things that i secretly know that is not going at the right way, but because i insistently wanting them to happen, so i keep telling myself " Its OK". The the mind pushes my boundaries of accepting more things that i do not really want to face, but i still tell myself " I'll be OK."

I stepped onto my yoga mat, during the practice; i kept having those thoughts running in my head.
Every time when i say " Its ok"--- there's an inner voice replied " No its not." 
" Its going to be just fine"
" No, its not. Adeline you know it. You felt that crunch in your stomach !"
" I know i'm ok, if i just have to keep doing it"
" Come on! Stop lying."

Only at the time when i broke my practice halfway,
when i had a suddenly lost of urge to continue-- i admitted that things were not going right for me.

Yes, of course, i can choose to ignore and follow through my plan But deep down inside i know i would not be happy for long, and this will affect the others too. The self- cheating comes forth when we direct our energy away from our focus, by doing what we don't actually want. And drifting further and further away from the little chest-box in our heart center.

There're path and life map and plans already for ourselves. The suggestion from the outside ( be it family, relatives or friends) at many times can be a huge distraction; that we eventually taking time to fulfill their life plan instead of ours.

Master Paalu says, " To practice Satya, practice Asteya first. Only when we stop cheating ourselves to please others, the truth will come."




No comments:

Post a Comment