06 September 2011

To touch the lotus feet

Back to practice in my teachers' class, its just that something that i'd been always wanted to do yearly. Be it that this has become a yearly routine that i fits into my schedule book---  its something i want to do it for my own learning journey.

Ever since i'm out about teaching, most of my practices has been done at home. I do miss attending yoga classes, just being a student, listening to instruction and practice. I do miss adjustments ( because no one at home knows how to do it)--- instead of gentle touches, i prefer good -tight- pack ones.

Today, i'm back to that cozy studio along the stretch of shop houses in Arab street, just for practices.

In most time i am standing in the role of a teacher; for now, i want to take a switch in place to be the student. Once my teacher said that eventually, the student has to be on their own to learn; but until when this time really arrives.... i am still savoring my time being a student.

There're too many flourishing facilities oriented yoga spaces in city like Singapore.
I like it Masala- style. Just like those shalas in India. No chair, no air-con, no sofas. Carry your own mat, flip it on the ground, chat with the teacher and practice.

The teacher, the learners, the lessons.

We do not need to know "how" or "where",
but there is one question that we should all ask
whenever we start something:
" what am i doing this for?"
~ The Valkyries




 










No comments:

Post a Comment