18 February 2011

Just the matter of don't and want.

" So, what do you want?" this is probably one common question asked.
" I don't know yet" this is probably the most common way answered.
Is it a very pressing matter to know what we want? Hmm... maybe. I've a story to share, here we goes...

There was a very talented craftsman, who does very good curving out of wood blocks and rocks. Whatever animals he curved, the piece of art look so real and alive. He got well-known of his skill; and one day, the king invited him to his palace and wanted the craftsman to curve something out from a huge rock.
Few weeks of work, the craftsman presented the rock elephant to the king. " Oh my!" Thought that was a real elephant, the king got a shocked. Later to realise that it was the same rock.

" Where did you got your skill from? How did you manage to make the elephant look so alive?" the king asked, impressed.
The craftsman said, " I learnt it from nowhere Sir. I saw an elephant in the rock you gave me and merely just removed what's not part of the elephant."

I may not know what i want in life sometimes. But I surely know what i do not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment