01 February 2011

Home-brewed Ginger Chai!

A trip from India, i brought back the habit of drinking ginger chai. With rainy cool weather these days, ginger drink is one of a good way to keep ourselves a little warm.
Ginger, one of a common ingredients use in Ayurveda herbal treatments.
Not to misunderstand that ginger causes heatiness in our body. Consuming small amount of ginger daily helps to neutralise our system.

I love home-brews, and ginger chai is in my list... this is how it goes:
1) chopped/smashed some gingers into small pieces
2) boil them in a pot of water
3) turn off the fire, add some tea leaves. Cover the pot, 5-10 mins to brew
4) pour into cup with a sieve
5) instead of white sugar ( from India diets), a healthier choice: honey, Jaggery sugar

If you're going for the normal chai ( with milk), add condense milk... its sweet enough; you can spare the sugar.



I'm on trial & error to get this version of Ginger Chai as close as to the ones i drink in India. Play around with the proportion. Injecting some of my diet choices to my family... and now my mum has started asking for Ginger Chai!

No comments:

Post a Comment