22 July 2013

In a leap of faith, i missed a step.

So happy, striking off an item off my bucket list, I've just upgraded my diving skill to an Advanced. 
Ever since i've got my Basic 2 years back, i've honestly just dive once a year. 

Probably my body is not used to the compressed air taken over the weekends, after long hour of sleep, thee's still a little drowsiness left today.

To narrow down to one particular experience i had during the trip; which i had a lot of flash back in that split second...
It was the 3rd dive during my first day over at Tioman, a night dive ( a requirement in the course). 

The first two dives during the day time had more or less sucked off my energy--- struggling to keep my balance while the tank was carrying me, which it should be the other way. The nitrogen was not giving me any extra strength when i needed it most.

After my night dive, which i was totally exhausted physically; quickly walked up the shore.... i've to take a couple of steps up before reaching the foyer. 

So, i put my right foot down on the first step, taking a deep breath to gather all the balance of energy and plan to give myself a push up to bring my left foot up. 

In that split second, my first thought of " what if i fell down" was quickly broken into pieces...
when i remembered my yoga teacher once asked me " how do you know, have you fell down yet?" Nope, not yet, so i should give it a shot. Maybe for once i can climbed those steps which help..

So, the time when i barely lifted my left foot off the sand, my beloved air tank decided to pull me down.. so i landed on that soft sand. Later did i realized that my diving instructor was behind and quickly unloaded my gears. hope it didn't scare him too much that i turned-turtle!

Was i scared or was there pain? No, i guessed i as too drained entertained any fear :)




No comments:

Post a Comment