11 January 2012

Spiritual practice, sounds pretty creepy?

Few people like the idea of talking open about spiritualism; many  flick it aside with no acknowledgement of its existence. I was too, its just sometimes too creepy to even experience it.
Later to realized, it was my fear of self- exposure.

An unwanted feeling of getting myself too exposed of myself. As spiritual practice goes along, we get in touch with both the beautiful and ugliness side of us. Layer by layer, we peel them off, as we travel deeper into the core of our nature self.

Every sheath that i peeled, i see a new identity--- that i was not aware of its presence. Every time a layer sheds, i meet someone new. Which sometimes comes to a point of one question, " who we actually are?". Till now, i can only answer to myself, " I don't know".
I'll greet each identity that revealed itself and bid goodbye as it expires.

I still believe that any self-development activities is very essential to all of us. For we learnt our lesson, neither by book knowledge nor past experiences. Not memories and not assumptions. Not from the mind and not by habits.

Spiritual development offers life lessons, by peeling layers of different identities with expectation that we held, holding and will be holding that are not us. Just like the snakes have to shed they old skin periodically  to grow. We too need to shed off our deluded sheaths through spiritual practices to grow and blossom, to mature.


No comments:

Post a Comment