14 January 2012

Some spices, some curries, some masala!

I discovered a meditation method for myself called--- cooking. And this can be done so in a studio--- kitchen!

Kitchen at home has got limited entry, under the supervision of the family top chef--- my mama.
But here, i get to enjoy this corner most of the time:)

Lingering in such cool weather for a while, i  had this cravings for curries, masala, spices...
and given the limited choice of greens in the supermarket, glad to whip up something.
Easy to prepare, cook, eat and wash!

Masala Eggplant
I jumped a little for joy when i dug out a pack of  Masala in the kitchen. Oh great! masala masala... what am i going to do with you...?
An excitement pricked me when i saw eggplant in the while marketing. I grabbed on to the check out, without knowing what i'll do about it later. So, this was what happened to the eggplant...

Some eggplants, little carrot stripes
some minced ginger, a dash of oil
good handful of masala mix, and heat!
salt, maybe?









Cooking can be really addictive. The fulfilling part is when the choice that so so so limited; yet at the end of the day, something good still appear on the dishes!
I've got a nickname from my family--- Food hunter. My mum never has to worry about me getting hungry, or not eating-- because i don't, haha!
So, to live up to my name of a food hunter, started my mission of making Indian food possible here!
Next dish up....

Curried Mixed Roots 

Throw in dices of carrot & potato; 
turn up the heat & sprinkle some oil;
get them do some Tango in the pan till their body soften;
Get spicy if curry mix, ginger and salt.
Invite couple of kidney beans; and shove all of them to the plate
Spiced up leeks & potato
I see leeks everywhere, anywhere. Its their season!
One huge stalk of leek, makes a good pot of soup:)


Let those big sweet onion popped in heat;
some aloo, some carrot, many leeks;
few rounds of merry-go-round in the pot, as we stir;
cool them down with a bowl of water;
turn the heat up, and wrap the game up with 
pepper or salt to your preference!


Guten Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment