20 December 2011

Where to practice in Vienna?

Ah! Today was a great day to start off with--- yoga practice! We hit the morning freeze before 6am to the station and stepped towards a yoga studio--- YogaWerkStatt. Opening a huge metal door, walking through a garage area; there stood a box-like studio in white.

I could already hear the ujjayi breaths behind the door, which sort of excite me a little.
 Finally, i got my muscles and joints heat up, as the sweats started welling from my pores and dripping. That my cells are activated and the energy started circulating again, woosh! Revive and alive; and oh! i can see the sun over my head:)

I seriously reckon that too much travelling in the cold is pulling my body condition down. I find myself either sitting too much ( on trains) or walking too much. My toes are like 'ice-pops', my shoulders are duper tensed from carrying the weighty sack.
Though i strapped a yoga mat with my travel, don't we like surprises when the room space is just enough to sleep?

Coldness makes us slough and hunch, very much. That i instantly crouch inwards every time the cold wind blow by, as i am shutting my heart center. I could slowly feel the dullness crawling in, just like the weather--- dark clouds.

I mean of course, the fun from the travel still occupies most of my attention:)

If you're in Vienna, do not miss a chance to check out this space: http://www.yogawerkstatt.at/
Give them a call, a friendly voice on the other end is more than willing to clear any doubts. Their Ashtanga Vinyasa- mysore style starts as early from 6.30am; the teacher will start coming in for adjustment at 7am.





No comments:

Post a Comment