19 December 2011

The body. Our holy home.

As these words run along: Our body is like a temple. Keep it clean for the soul to reside...

These days have been amazing, stepping into churches to cathedrals and to domes. On one random day, it was pouring, even a breeze could nearly freeze my finger tips. Quickened my steps and entered into a cathedral; A surge of warmth 'hugged' me ( yes, literally too), and it was nice. I sort of find this feeling familiar.

I sat down, and stared in blank at a huge drawing in front of my eyes. Everything slowed down, my mind slowed down its streaming, thoughts settled down a little, my breathing was extended as the warm air blowing against my upper lip. I stopped blinking, any movement was ceased.


Something sat down inside, rested. And this particular feeling, i'd experienced it in Savasana
( Corpse pose: a relaxation pose assume at the end of a yoga practice). I could feel my body warming up, just like a flame from within rekindled and warming up every corner of coldness in my muscles.
Like a child resting in the arms of a mother, simply comfortable!

Our body represent the holy place ( temple, church, cathedral, mosque..); we want to keep not only the body, also our mind clean for our soul to reside, rest and heal.
A home, where we can return at the end of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment