28 January 2015

Penetration beyond the seen to the unseen.

If you have a stuffy nose, the flowers means nothing to you
If you are blind, the light means nothing to you.
If you are insensitive, nothing means anything to you.
~Sadhguru

We grow up on the mat, and mature with the practice.
Well, eventually.
Looking back from who I was, my mindset of practicing in Mysore has definitely evolved.

Getting new poses from Sharath is not too much of a concern--- the intention of grounding myself by threading through the Primary series & breathes with ease is my agenda.

I appreciate the constant reminder by Sharath during the weekly conference; of not putting the physical practice in the limelight---shining the torch onto the values of the system.

One thing that has really expands my spectrum is the behavior of people.
I’ve witnessed the best & the worst in people--- that I’ve felt heart-warmth & disgusted.
The space between dualities is where my perspective expands.
Seeing the happening of dualism: Though there are many pouring questions unanswered, there are too much for me to comprehend on interaction of different minds.

Most of us started the practice on an interest on a very physical level. 
Once comfort sets into gross body & breaths--- it creates a space for us to go deeper. That takes our practice into another dimension of experience.

Penetration, where our practice experience goes beyond poses.
At least, that is how I am feeling in my 2nd month of practice in the shala.

I guess it’s similar in life. What we see is not usually what we expect to get.

We all behave in a way to portray how we want others to see us.

Penetrates beyond what is presented in front of our eyes--- we witness both the light & the shadow. In there, we derived our own perception of truth.

Our action creates ripples;
Our voice resonates;
Our energy releases vibes;

We being as whom we are,
Are blessed with freedom of choices;
We decide how we want to treat others;
And how want to be treated. 

A good heart never goes wrong.


I particularly love idea of having last pose of the primary sequence--- “ Sethu Bandhasana”. Its translated as “ Bridge”.

The whole practice of the Ashtanga system comes into life when we learn how to build a bridge between the practice on the mat & into our daily living off the mat.

Every time when I spend my 5 breathes of time in the Bridge pose--- it sets as a personal reminder for me….

To bring what the practice had taught me into my daily living, through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment