06 July 2011

Sweetness of falls

Arm balancing is like a sweet- desert i enjoy in practice. Initially i was attracted to the satisfaction of getting up there, and the thrills of falling down repeatedly. Slowly, as all these peel away; i appreciate the comfort of resting in an arm balance.

The most painful fall for arm-balance was when i was trying to get up into a Crow pose. I was so determine to just fly up there; i placed a cushion in front of me... and i fell hardly through the cushion and hit on my lips. For a moment, i thought i was going to lost my front tooth!

Frightened, i was very. Ironically, this fall had not pull me away from the pose. Instead, i practice with more wisdom than just pure ego-ness. I learn how to foresee a fall if it has to happen, and how to save myself from it. I accepted that failing is part of the whole lesson; and having to stand up back again and again makes me stronger.

Whether its a crow, scorpion or handstand, there's always process of repeated falls, countless picks up back again... till eventually we when we learn how to draw complete focus to laser beam within, bore through all distraction and doubts, we reach a comfort in such instability. When we decided to drop all other things to just gather all the strength to our deep core line.

Its an amazing feeling where i could not get from standing on both feet. The equilibrium between falling front, sides and back... that i don't any other things but the centre point.

Just like in life, be it our falls happen because we tripped or someone pushes us; we wipe our tears, stand up and keep moving forward. And in that darkness, we learn how to stretch out our arms to helping- hands whom are willing to give us a boost. Thus, i would like to thank all the falls i got myself into, that deliver painful but genuine lessons.

"Our greatest strength lies not in never failing, but in rising each time we fall" - Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments:

Post a Comment