08 December 2015

A LOVESHINES trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia 2015

 " The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

We can never unseen something that had been seen.

My recent trip to Siem Reap with LoveShines had really made me think these days.
Though it was not my first time, I'd seen a fair share of slump areas and families living in extreme conditions during multiple trips to India.

Having most of my time living in a city, one can never get used to seeing people living literally having close to nothing.

Once, i stood in front of a house from a distance. I could already see everything inside. I could even count how many items were in there--- not more than 3.

So many times, i asked myself " How, how on earth can anyone live with so little and still carefree?"
I almost felt bad having so much back home, too much-- and hardly anyone is happy.

Why?

Photo credit: Darren Lim
Its a great reminder that there is no comparison of lives--- this is indeed a great wake up call for us who is trap in #firstworldproblem.

Scarcity and Abundance is just a flip of perception of life.
How much effort of self-inquiry throughout our lives we need, in hope to gain a little more knowledge and wisdom--- we need so little to be content and happy.

This trip, instead of saying they benefited from us;
Rather, we had received so much more from them :)
 












No comments:

Post a Comment