30 March 2014

3 things i started not to mind as a teacher.

Whoo~hoo... 
Its been a long busy week.... busy month....s....first quarter of 2014, 
the good news is...

Tomorrow is moon day on a Monday, ashtangis love that!
Gonna really catch that breather again:)

While savoring the rest day, l realized that there are couple of stuff that i didn't actually mind that much being a yoga teacher, looking back from the first day i started... till today.

Having A Rubber Time. 

I used to favor schedules and fixed plan, and would even sulk if my plan was affected by whatever reasons--- which i did was a rigid and real play safe regulator. 

Bye bye to that rigidity. My schedule is very scheduled yet flexible. I can have days where last minute class cancellation ( which sometimes can really be unavoidable), and i used to felt like being abandoned kid walking around orchard road. 

But i've learn to manage it by having a small note book and a pen for some doodling.. or a book in my bag, drop in a cafe along the way and spend some times reading, or even just people watching. 

That's how life works isn't it, anything can still happen however perfectly we make our plan beforehand--- learning how to manage unexpected circumstances and keep things in fluidity always. 


Not having three proper meals a day.

For goodness sake, i need to eat, full and satisfying--- but i always felt uncomfortable & sleepy during teaching class. Coming from a family culture of having to eat three proper full meals a day, i've sort of bash of the habits over the years. 

Adopting majority plant-based diet was not really helping me much initially--- my sugar & iron level fluctuate depending on my activities. By mid day, i get fatigue very often.

Irregular eating regularly. 

Along the way, I'm adapting to the habit of eating little many small thing or snacking in between classes, keeping my stomach light yet not empty is doing " so far so good".

But i still need a good dinner ;)

Whenever i desperately needed an emergency energy boost---- chocolate never fails me!

Their sweat, on me. 

Its unavoidable, unless i don't touch my students at all. 
I like being adjusted by teachers, and definitely want my students to enjoy such hands-on from me too!

Ok, honestly, i didn't even like sweating on myself... forget about touching the sweat of other bodies. 

I've make peace with it, and went ahead to place my hands and feet on those sweaty bodies, or even having them to lean on me-- getting my favorite yoga gears with a mixture of sweats.... how great to end my day with lots of clothes washing:)

No, i don't mind. I do sweat a lot, no kidding... and my teachers had never shun away, instead  they didn't mind stepping closer to help ( ok, one can't avoid a sweat-free practice with ashtanga). 

I do see that as a teacher, in order to share, i at times need to accept their sweats & tears--- then i shine some light through those cracks when they are ready to receive. 

Once my teacher asked on what one quality you want from a teacher. 
My answer: A teacher who can give a student a great sense of security. 
And that as a reflection on me too--- and i execute that sense of security through touch:)

I had a chance to catch up with my a teacher friend, both of us can't believe how time really flies of within a few blinks. And finally this year, there is a feeling of at ease after those previous years of constant exploration & turbulence--- and adapting for a more balance of teaching, self-practice and private life:)








No comments:

Post a Comment