31 October 2012

Taking a step back as teacher, a step forward as student

These days has been relaxing, at least mentally. I am very much able to at least pause and take a breather. Sitting in the cafes, staring blanks, opening the packages of thoughts that i'd been shoving them at a corner in my mind, its a kind of bliss. Not too much of any reading though, not till i'd slowly de-clutter my mind.

When previous numbers of months can be busy with classes, bringing most of my focus towards the students, when i still have, but little time for myself. Its time to slowly shift my focus back to my own practice; less teaching more learning. Its always better to take up the role as a student, being able to just absorb and learn whatever life presents to us.

In most times, straddling between tight teaching and practice, for the sake of  schedule flexibility, i had most of my self- practice at home. Whenever i get to slot in 2 hours on the mat for myself--- dawn, noon or dusk. There comes a point i think... i think i've max out my capability at that given condition, i need someone to give me a hand to guide me forward, for further self- exploration.

I visited my teacher, Master Paalu, had some chats. Started to read up some articles, videos and posts by other experienced teachers around the globe. Later, i decided to drop into a humble space, Yoga Shala ( where they offer mysore- style practice) , having visiting teachers traveling in asia and coming to singapore.

I went over for my first session, Nigel Marshall ( who based in Bangkok) was teaching that day. I thought his name rings a bell in my ears; later to realized that i chanced upon his name while searching for a practice space in Bangkok which i'll be in next week; the site stated he'll be away from Bangkok and off traveling to teach, i was a little disappointed. Oh! Here he is in Singapore:)

Adjustments, corrections, new information, new insights---- that's what i need for now. What's can be more interesting, we are all going to flock and meet again in Mysore. How irony, that's life!





No comments:

Post a Comment