26 February 2012

I am so gonna Drop-back!

Is drop- back in the ashtanga practice... really that scary at all? Yes, its just too intimidating.
I've seen how some student tugged their fear away, whipping off for a next appointment with dropping-back.
Some student asked me how did i get my drop- back, and thinking that i am already that flexible in nature; convincing themselves that this practice is not suitable for their body.

I was like that too...
After sweating all out in inferno, finally coming to the drop- back; always that gush mixture of fear and excitement of wanting to stop using the wall! But at that very last moment before my very first finger was reaching the ground from behind, i sprung back to stand. Disappointment! Angry!

Lying down on flat on the mat dejected, turned my head, watching how gracefully the person next to me was doing her dropping- back flow. Oh... so nice, i wish i could do that. Why can't i do that?!

So how did i ever get into dropping- back today? That anger ( or maybe we call it tapas) to call an end to my relationship with the wall. I fell on my back many times; sometimes even to roll on my face flat and landed on my knees and broken a vase. With each fall, i came back up stronger. The harder the fall, the bigger the lesson. One quiet morning, i celebrated dropping-back with joy.

How did dropping-back come about to me? That burning flame of desire of not hiding behind fear.
And yes, practice... with intensity.



No comments:

Post a Comment