24 August 2011

We choose to get injure, don't we?

I've got this little scarring of the deep tissue muscles in my right hip. It has been following me since last year, and has not throw in any white flag yet. I would not take it as any major injuries, but i do believe that it will somehow snowball if i ignore it.
I am quite sure it was the cause of my ego-ness and ignorance, and over stretched myself earlier in my days. And now, the repercussion of my deeds come knocking on my door.

Injuries causes our muscles to tense up more than before--- due to the after- effect -shock. And it create a sense of fear mentally, that our nervous system turn on " fighting" mode to protect. 

Opening the old wound takes a lot of courage, soothing the wound takes a lot of patience. All i did for the therapy practice was to counter stretch, and i was soaking wet with sweats. It took that much effort just to ease of the discomforts.

We choose to get injure. Yup, it sound total ridiculous--- yes, we invited them.
Injury happens when we lack of focus and allow ourselves to get drifted off by external distraction;
we do things because of ego, and pushes ourselves over the limit with a snap!
we reject the whole idea of self- inquiry and prefer to be the ignorant ones;

And thus, injury enters our life to offer us some lessons.
If not for this irritable discomfort living in my hip, i would not go about understanding how to practice safely, that to break away from the tangle of ego-ness in my practice, and taking myself as a case study to eventually pass on this knowledge to the people.

Though you are a pain, but i appreciate you as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment