17 April 2011

Forever Young!

What's one bonus practices yoga brings...is youth! Though aging is one unavoidable natural process we must take on physically, regular practices S....L...O....W the process D...O..W...N.
Isn't that wonderful? Maybe when i reach 40, my body runs like a 30.

I still remember when i used to work for 9 hours daily, and at the end of the day, i was flat. 10 hours of sleep was not enough to keep me fresh.
Recently, i notice that i can operate on an average of 12 hours, with some good amount of energy level remains. I learnt to end my day and start my day proper for quality rest.

The secret lies in the spine.
Physical practices involves forward & back bend, lateral & twists, inversions.
Which keeps the our nervous system active and sensitive. And a saying goes, " We are only as young as our spine is flexible"
And Pranayama or vital energy expansion practices teaches us to reserve those energy within.

Last week, i got to know that a 75 year old enrolled himself into a Teacher Training Course. He was definitely youthful!

Let's grow mentally and be forever young...!



No comments:

Post a Comment