24 March 2011

Tearing in practice

It was a quiet morning, i was all alone in the hall... the rest were still sleeping. I started my practice. i heard my own ujjayi, loud and clear while i moved through the standing sequence. As i assumed in a seated forward bend, i decided to stay a little more longer in each pose for a change. I closed my eyes, observed my breaths and i found myself sinking deep into the pose. i stole a little bit more time to feel it as much as i allow myself to....

i started to travel in... into myself.. as if gazing myself internally, right to the core of my heart chakra. I felt uneasy, i felt a twitch inside... and tears started rolling down from my closed lids. I stayed on the pose.

I remembered how a client teared during a pranayama practice and how a little boy cried secretly in a downward dog. Now, its me.


I lost track of how long i've been in the pose...i kept tearing and it somewhat stopped. Allowing my body to move deeper into the bend, i went into a short "mind-less' state. Every went silence, still and calmness.

My muscles began to relax a little; and my chest started to soft as my heart opened with every exhalation. I'm not sure if I've fell into a deep relaxation mode ( sleep!)... i guess I've been in that forward bend for quite a while.
Gently i opened my eyes, i felt I'd release something... maybe a thorn. Amazingly good!

It was an unforgettable and amazing experience personally. Unexplainable yet very close to my heart.

Every pose serves a purpose at every stage of our practice. Every breath makes a huge difference in knowing ourselves. As we're fighting against the stiffness and tightness, at the same time... we are also fighting to understand ourselves a little bit more.

The beauty of yoga is patience. Full loads of it. As we peel open the physical layer, slowly we are also opening the doors of our hearts... where our true self lies within.
The internal fight may be a fierce one, towards the end, its a victory of freedom and bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment