20 January 2011

What i learnt when i hike. Lesson #3 Beauty is not for the pockets

Along the way making our way up to the mountain top, we were blessed with beautiful scenery. Most of the time, i would be looking down at the crumbly path. Small little blue flowers waving and the morning glories smiling at me. When i lift my chin up, greetings from the clear blue sky and friendly Himalayas never fail to remind me that we are always part of the universe.

Of course, sometimes i would have silly fantasy that i could carry the mountains back to Singapore. Woken up by the fact that, its is best to leave them alone, soaked myself into such estasy. However cute the wild flowers are, pulling them out from their soil and pocketing them means ceasing their moments of glory. I would prefer to squat and look at them as long as i want.

I was fumbling with my camera, trying to get some good shots of what i've seen. And realised that, nature is just too much for capture with the lens. I shoved my camera into my bag, and just enjoy. I was the camera, my eyes took the shots, my brain kept it into films of images became great memories.

None of a true beauty can be bought and keep into any of our pockets. Not even a smile.
None of a true beautiful moment will happend twice, like the flowing river. The same river will not flow a second time, the way it has flowed for the first.
We are all beautiful, when in our natural way.

No comments:

Post a Comment