20 December 2010

We’re all kids, anyway

The day we are born, we’re starting to die; even now.  We all have to grow, a process that’s unavoidable. One way is to grow old; the other is to become mature. Remember how carefree our laughter can be during childhood, and when we started to move into adulthood… we simply smile. And with all the struggles of life, we forgot how to smile. Yes, sadly.
I remember watching a new report: in Japan, there are “Smiling training” courses for the student, because those hippie youth had lost the ability to smile! They were in some confusion of expressions. It was pretty shocking for me though.
“When was the last time you laugh?”--- This is one question I’ve like to ask in random.  Huh… What a question?!
Yes, I am curious… when was the last time you’ve laugh like a child? If I ever post this question to you--- feel free to laugh at me; and there!  You will be given a chance to laugh a child.
Look at the children, see how they play with one another, how they are so willing to share their stuff and happiness and listen to their giggling conversations. Children response to according to situation, while adults react based on their memory. That’s why we see that children are temperamental, and adult suppressed their emotions.
Surely I don’t mean that we should behave like a child as we grow, but we can live like them. Not childish, just child-like. No doubt, each of us has a child inside us; we’re piling layers and layers of “conditioning” as we grow, unknowingly. Just as we peel them of one at a time, there you see a child hiding inside you.
An incident in my first year of yoga teaching, I was only 22. Based on my age, it’s pretty normal for the little credibility people had for me. With this pretty establish firm, I was running a workshop for the corporate. The guy in charge reminded me repeatedly before the class that I need to be very tactful with the group, as they were from the top management with very tight schedule.
The group came in with suits and ties… as the class started, I got them to remove their shoes, then their coat, then their ties; some even pulled out their shirt, unbuttoned the collars and pull of their socks. At the end of the session, who I’m dealing with were not anyone from the top management… they were all kids having games.
I was just a kid, playing with a bunch of children:)

No comments:

Post a Comment